Five Pounds of Flax

Every culture has a burrito.

"There Is No God"

Friday, November 25, 2005posted by Michael Rothwell @ 12:58 AM

NPR has a "Morning Edition" segment called "This I Believe". Penn (pictured to the right) was the featured guest on November 21 in a segment titled "There Is No God". An excerpt:

This "This I Believe" thing seems to demand something more personal, some leap of faith that helps one see life's big picture, some rules to live by. So, I'm saying, "This I believe: I believe there is no God." Having taken that step, it informs every moment of my life.

Believing there's no God means I can't really be forgiven except by kindness and faulty memories. That's good; it makes me want to be more thoughtful. I have to try to treat people right the first time around.
I heard it as I was getting dressed to go to work, and enjoyed it quite a bit.